Information we collect
We collect the following information about you when you make a booking with us:
Credit/debit card or other payment information
When you make a booking via telephone, your credit/debit card details are not stored and we do not record our telephone conversations. We will never ask you to send card details via email.
Other information you give us when you contact reception or when you engage with our social media platforms (e.g. comment on a Facebook post).
If you are using a mobile device and browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information.
We may, where we have a lawful basis for doing so, also collect personal data about you from third parties who provide us with additional publicly available information about you.
How we collect your personal data
- When you book a stay with us over the phone.
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in competitions or promotions.
- When you contact our team in reception, online, by email or over the phone.
- When you engage with us on social media, by mentioning or tagging us or by contacting us directly.
How we use your personal data
Homestead Lake Park has a legitimate interest to collect and process the information mentioned above about you for the following reasons:
- To process your booking and contact you regarding your booking should it be necessary, for example to check details or answer enquiries. We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make a booking.
- To contact you with news, products and promotions by email.
- We may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied our customers are and provide customer service (including when you ask questions on social media).
- We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website to ensure our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner.
- In some cases we may use your personal data to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive legitimate request from a law enforcement agency).
- We will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
Who we share your personal data with
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party and will not share your information for marketing purposes with any third party unless we have received your permission or are required to do so by law. In order to provide our services we may share your personal data with third party service providers, see below.
Third party service providers
We share your financial information including credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure your payment is safe and your details are not being used fraudulently.
We use MailChimp for email marketing communications.
We may share personal data we collect with other organisations where we share various operations and business processes; Homestead Caravan Centre Ltd and Bricklawn Ltd. We will do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
We may be subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as to law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement.
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes to you personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it;
- object at any time to processing you personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You can read about your rights in the Guidance from the UK Information Comissioner’s Office (ICO).
Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us by email email@example.com. If you have signed up to our newsletter you can unsubscribe or change your preferences by following the link provided in the emails provided by us.
We want to ensure all information we hold is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data about you in incorrect or needs updating please contact us so we can correct it.
Security and retention of your personal data
Security of your personal data
We have implemented various strategies, controls and measures to keep your data secure and keep these measure under review. We protect data by using safeguards such as password protection. This means data is only accessible by co-workers who need to carry out their job/responsibilities. There are physical controls in place to restrict access to your personal data.
Retention of your personal data
We keep retention periods under review, taking into account our reasons for processing your personal data and the legal obligations for doing so.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files which contain a small amount of information. Cookies are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or device.
What type of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent/tracking cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiring date.
First party cookies are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about the usage of our site. Third party cookies are sent by other companies not associated with our website, which are controlled by them, that we may be using to enhance our site.
We use the following cookies:
Third party cookies
_gid, _ga, _gat – Google Analytics gathers anonymous information allowing us to understand interactions with our website. Opt out of Google Analytic cookies.
_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT – This cookie is associated with Mail Chimp and is necessary to provide services available through their websites and to use some of its features such as access to secure areas.
MCPopupClosed – This cookie is associated with MailChimp sign up form that will pop-up on the homepage and contact page. The value ‘yes’ is stored to prevent the popup being displayed again.
datr, fr, sb, wd – This cookie is associated with the Facebook widget on the homepage.
What kind of information do we collect by using cookies?
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following types of information from you: Your IP address, time zone settings, operating system and platform, information about your visits including the URL you came from, your country, pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do you block cookies?
If you block the use of our cookies you may be unable to access certain areas of our website and certain functions and pages will not work in the usual way.
Call Us On
01255 833 492