Fishing Rules & FAQ’s
We don’t wish to stifle your enjoyment but, to make fishing fair for all at Homestead, we ask that you abide by the rules set out here.
- All anglers must have valid Rod License and fishing day ticket.
- Anyone caught without a Day Ticket will be charged DOUBLE.
- Barbless hooks only. Barbed hooks including micro barbs are strictly banned.
- No Ground Bait or Bait Boats.
- No blood worms.
- No night fishing.
- No keep nets except for matches.
- Unhooking mats obligatory for carp.
- Any children under 16 years must be under adult supervision.
- No beach casting.
- No loud music.
- Tackle must not be left unattended.
- Day Visitors must park their vehicles in the fishing car-park only, not around the Lake.
- Please respect our Flora and Fauna.
- No camping by the lake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Ground Bait not allowed?
In previous years we have had a problem with oxygen levels in our lake and since implementing the No Ground Bait rule we have managed to keep the lake in a good condition. We understand that it may only be a minority that use ground bait to excess, but due to this we have had to make this a gereral rule for everyone fishing.
Where can I buy a day fishing ticket?
Day Fishing tickets can be purchased from the main reception of Homestead Caravans and Outdoor Leisure during office hours.
Call Us On
01255 833 492